PORT JERVIS, N.Y. – Former Port Jervis Firefighter Stephen Michael Conroy died Thursday, Sept. 7 in New York City. He was 50.
Conroy was born Jan. 21, 1967 in New York, the son of Francis “Hank” and Carol Ann Fahey Conroy.
Conroy was a 1985 graduate of Port Jervis High School where he excelled in his studies and on the golf team. He was a past member of the Port Jervis Fire Department, Port Jervis Little League and Port Jervis Pop Warner Football League. He graduated from the University of South Carolina, where he was an Alumnus and a proud Gamecock supporter.
Conroy was an accomplished marathon runner, belonging to the NY Harriers and the NY Road Runners. He was also an avid Yankees and Cowboys fan and had a passion to cook. All his friends and family enjoyed eating or seeing all his dishes he proudly displayed on Facebook prepared at the Red Apron.
- His parents Francis “Hank” and Carol Conroy of Port Jervis
- His sister Lisa VanInwegen and her husband William of Sparrowbush
- His daughter Beth of Hawaii
- Nieces and nephew: Lara, Emily and William “Billy” VanInwegen
- Two great nephews: Clinton and Riley Berg
- His Aunt Dorothy Conroy, Uncle Joseph Conroy, Uncle Floyd and Aunt Evelyn Morley
- Many cousins
- His New York City friends and family that meant the world to him.
He was predeceased by his Grandparents and several Aunts, Uncles and Cousins that always remained close to his heart.
Family and friends can visit the Gray-Parker Funeral Home, Inc., on Tuesday, Sept. 12 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Funeral services will be held on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. at the funeral home
Cremation will be at MacLennan Hall Crematorium in Pennsylvania.
Memorial contributions may be made to Port Jervis Deerpark Humane Society, 202 Route 209, Port Jervis, NY 12771 or to the New York Road Runners, 320 West 57th St., New York, NY 10019
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.